Presidio Graduate School (PGS), an innovative graduate school of management in San Francisco, CA, offering MBA, MPA and Dual Degrees in Sustainable Solutions, is seeking a Director of Academic Administration to join our academic leadership team. In addition to management fundamentals, PGS’s programs emphasize curriculum integration, systems thinking, and experiential learning, as well as a focus on environmental sustainability and social justice in every course. Our academic organization is committed to teaching and learning excellence with a cutting-edge curriculum for the realization of the PGS mission. PGS is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASCUC).
The Director of Academic Administration oversees the academic operations to ensure that faculty resources and academic methodologies are in place to offer a cutting-edge curriculum and excellent teaching and instructions at PGS. They partner closely with the Provost and academic leadership to achieve and continually improve the academic outcomes of Presidio Graduate School.
- Manage the production, editing, revision control, and communication of all Academic Business Processes in order to achieve instructional and curricular excellence.
- Manage the production, editing, publication, and updates of Faculty Handbook and support the Registrar in production of the Student Handbook
- Manage faculty recruiting, hiring and support:
- Manage the faculty recruiting and hiring based on the short and long-term curricular needs and the required subject-matter expertise
- Work closely with the Registrar to schedule classes every semester
- Identify the faculty and teaching assistant (TA) needs every semester and issue the necessary contracts in coordination with the Finance Department
- Manage Faculty and TA onboarding
- Support Faculty and TAs with teaching including but not limited to the Learning Management System – LMS (Canvas and Populi), course page templates with portability on canvas prior to semester start, residency logistics support, etc
- Prepare and monitor the academic budget in coordination with the Finance Department
- Manage the PGS Library services to ensure student and faculty needs are met including the adequacy of database content and stakeholder training in using the library resources
- Manage the Expert-In-Residence Program
- Manage the Scholar-In-Residence Program
- Support the Student Affairs and Regulatory Compliance Departments with key projects such as:
- Administration of student surveys, data analysis, and reporting
- Membership in the “Student Retention & Success Committee” addressing student academic performance and other issues
- Support at Residencies (some weekends required)
- Reporting and reauthorization of licensing with BPPE, Dept. of Education, and WASCUC
- Institutional research, assessment, and reporting
- M.Sc. degree in education, business or related fields from an accredited program
- Strong academic administration experience at the graduate level
- Familiarity with MBA and MPA curricula
- Knowledge of environmental sustainability, social justice issues, and opportunities in higher education
- Ph.D. in education, business or related fields from an accredited program
- Experience with hybrid and/or online teaching platforms and architectures
- Teaching experience at the graduate level
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
Qualified candidates are invited to submit an application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Academic Administration” in the email title. Applications are due by February 14th, with a target start date of mid-March.
Packets must contain a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, and salary expectations. Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Presidio Graduate School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.