Founded in 2003, Presidio Graduate School (PGS) educates and inspires a new generation of skilled, visionary, and enterprising leaders to transform business and public policy and create a more just, prosperous, and sustainable world. Through innovative MBA, MPA, Dual Degree, and Executive Certificate programs in Sustainable Management, PGS activates students and professionals across a range of disciplines, industries, and sectors to bridge the gap between commerce and the common good. PGS has 150 students currently enrolled and more than 1900 alumni. Our community of world-class faculty is composed of scholar-practitioners, with subject matter expertise in areas ranging from ecological economics and clean technology to social entrepreneurship and urban sustainability. PGS was ranked among the top 5 sustainable MBA programs in the nation by Fast Company magazine.
The Administrative and Development Assistant will provide crucial support to Presidio Graduate School’s President and CFO / VP Operations. They will be an integral member of the staff and the broader PGS community. This is an opportunity to make a big impact with an innovative educational organization, and to contribute to a small but mighty team.
Office of the President
- Provide overall support to the PGS President
- Manage the President’s calendar
- Schedule and support meetings of the Board of Directors and other advisory groups
- Track and submit expense reports
- Draft thank you notes and other donor correspondence
- Maintain the development database by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the records, reports and queries
- Track and acknowledge all donations in a timely manner
- Manage email and direct mail campaigns, and ensure records are updated and available as mailing lists on an ongoing and as-needed basis
- Participate in foundation, corporate and individual giving program by conducting research on prospective donors and assisting in assembling fundraising support packages
- Coordinate logistics, provide advance materials, and execute follow up for meetings
- Coordinate fundraising-related events
General Office Management and Operations
- Create and maintain a welcoming and productive office culture through organizing team contributions to physical office efficiency, managing office supply needs/budget, and planning office and team-related activities (team meetings, celebrations, etc.)
- Assist with talent and HR-related activities, including onboarding new team members, ensuring key documents are maintained on the file server, scheduling team training, and other similar tasks
- Assist with finance and accounting tasks, including coordination of regular team expense submissions, deposit tracking, file and contract maintenance
- Provide logistical support for major events and residency weekends
- Mission-driven team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic and the willingness to pitch in and support colleagues
- Excellent oral, written and communications skills for a professional work environment
- Well organized, flexible and enjoy working in an office of diverse people with multiple and diverse projects
- Quick study of new systems, software, and databases
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Prior experience supporting or working closely with busy executives
- Meticulous about details and follow up
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possess a B.A and 1 or more years of experience working in fundraising, public relations, marketing, sales or nonprofit development
- Occasional weekend and evening work required
This position is located in the Presidio in San Francisco until Summer 2020; at that time, the organization will move offices with precise location TBD, but the high priority is for the new office to be in walking distance to a BART stop. PGS has a flexible culture and telecommuting is possible 1-2 days per week, depending upon responsibilities.
Please send your salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Presidio Graduate School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.