Director of Finance and Student Business Services
The Director of Finance and Student Business Services will be a strategic thought-partner and report to the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager providing support in the following areas: finance, business planning, budgeting, and student business services.
The Director of Finance and Student Business Services will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations. This is a good opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Manage all accounts receivable processes within the organization.
- Develop and implement appropriate procedures for approval and payment of invoices.
- Coordinate and manage all online banking and online bills.
- Work with outsourced account team to analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner. Communicate monthly and annual financial statements clearly.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board of Directors; assess any necessary changes. Transition to bringing the overall financial management in-house by the end of FY2018.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the administrative staff and board of directors. Review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Manage all Student Business Service (SBS) needs – including invoicing, collections and information requests.
- Coordinate with in-house financial aid staff to ensure proper payment and receipt of accounts.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s manual for overall policy and procedures.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree.
- At least seven to 10 years of overall professional experience; ideally, six-plus years of broad financial management experience.
- The ideal candidate has had the experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or a significant program area.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- A track record in nonprofit or educational financial management.
- Tech-savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organizational, and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of PGS.