Founded in 2003, Presidio Graduate School (PGS) educates and inspires a new generation of skilled, visionary, and enterprising leaders to transform business and public policy and create a more just, prosperous, and sustainable world. Through innovative MBA, MPA, Dual Degree, and Executive Certificate programs in Sustainable Management, PGS activates students and professionals across a range of disciplines, industries, and sectors to bridge the gap between commerce and the common good. PGS has 150 students currently enrolled and more than 1900 alumni. Our community of world-class faculty is composed of scholar-practitioners, with subject matter expertise in areas ranging from ecological economics and clean technology to social entrepreneurship and urban sustainability. PGS was ranked among the top 5 sustainable MBA programs in the nation by Fast Company magazine.
The Director of Student Experience is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive student experience for all students at Presidio Graduate School. This includes responsibility for all the non-academic student programs and services areas including coordination of residency weekends (10 times per year), new student orientation, student-facing events, student success initiatives, and extracurricular clubs and activities.
- Provide vision and direction to the design and implementation of a comprehensive program of services, activities, and support for students at Presidio Graduate School. Implement an expectation of close collaboration with academic affairs, student leaders, and other internal PGS teams.
- Provide effective management of human and financial resources. Allocate resources effectively to achieve priority objectives. Accountable for ensuring that Student Experience partners effectively with other departments to produce measurable results including retention, placement, and student satisfaction.
- Responsible for supporting a professional, positive and vibrant student culture through oversight and management of student-facing events and activities.
- Promote internal and external opportunities for students to develop and utilize leadership skills to enhance their involvement as citizens of both the campus and the wider community.
- Collaborate with academic and administrative colleagues to address student concerns, desires, and opportunities for improvement.
- Works toward creating and communicating a welcoming environment that accepts differences, promotes tolerance, and creates opportunities for students to learn from each other.
- Designs content and oversees logistics for new student orientation program(s) to improve student readiness and success.
- Conduct and share an ongoing assessment of existing student-facing efforts and strategies for improvement.
- Other related duties as assigned
Key Competencies and Experience
- Passion for PGS’ unique mission; enthusiasm for working in a small, alternative higher ed program
- Relationship builder with a positive, energetic and welcoming demeanor
- Ability to multitask, adapt, and execute in a fast-moving environment with limited resources
- Passion for building community
- Top written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver at both the strategic level and at the operational level
- Excellent project and event management skills
- Passion for and ideally experience in building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture
- Bachelor’s degree required; M.A. a plus
- Must be available to work occasional nights and at least 1 weekend per month
This position is located in the Presidio in San Francisco until Summer 2020; at that time, the organization will move offices with precise location TBD, but the high priority is for the new office to be in walking distance to a BART stop. PGS has a flexible culture and telecommuting is possible 1-2 days per week, position depending.
Please send your salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications for this position.
Presidio Graduate School is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.