Admissions Application Process for All Programs
The application process for admissions to Presidio Graduate School requires
Register. Complete the short online registration form.
Complete your Application. Check your inbox for an email that contains your unique secure URL to start your application.
The application for admissions contains these sections:
- Your profile information and demographics
- Your academic background
- Your resume
- Your personal essay
- Two letters of recommendation (optional)
- GRE/GMAT (optional)
The answers you provide through the application form and uploaded documents will be saved automatically. You may pause work and then return to the application form at any time by accessing your unique URL to ask questions, upload your documents, pay your application fee, and submit your completed application.
Pay your application fee and submit your completed application.
- A non-refundable $90 application fee is required for applying to all programs. This fee can be paid via credit card directly through the secure application portal prior to submitting your completed application.
Once you have completed your online application, paid your application fee, and submitted it, you will be contacted to set up a final admissions interview.
Interview. An individual interview with the Director of Admissions will be scheduled upon submission of your application.
Helpful Guidance to Build a Strong Application
In other sections of your application, we learn about your academic and professional accomplishments. This essay allows us to discover what passion drives you as a leader towards career satisfaction and your definition of success. Please provide a response to the three following prompts and limit your essay to a total of 1500 words:
- Values: Sustainability is a broad term that spans a variety of industries. In your specific area of interest, current or future, briefly describe an idea or project you would like to pursue while at PGS and/or how you intend to contribute to solutions to the biggest challenges facing our society.
- Teamwork: Describe a specific activity, business, or organization in which you were directly involved as a leader, collaborator, or activist. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve them, what did the experience reveal as strengths and where did you discover opportunities for improvement?
- Time Management: Commitment to a graduate program at PGS requires sacrifices, support, and self-motivation. Please share how you plan on balancing school, work, and personal commitments while enrolled in the program.
Your professional resume or CV provides the admissions counselor with a clear picture of the experience and skills that contribute to your qualification to attend PGS. Include details on all work and volunteer experience.
Letters of Recommendation
Professional and academic letters of support provide a well-rounded perspective of your ability to succeed at PGS. At least one of the two letters should be a professional reference, ideally written by a supervisor.
As part of the application online form, you will enter an email address for the supporters completing a recommendation on your behalf. This initiates an email to them with a recommendation form. The recipients have the option of completing the form or uploading a letter of support into the form. The form and/or letter should address the following areas:
- How you act on your values and ethics
- Your ability to work in teams, lead initiatives and manage projects
- Your communication skills
- Your business software and IT skills
- Your ability and willingness to succeed in graduate-level coursework
We require an official transcript sent directly from the accredited college/university that granted your degree(s) via mail or electronic download verifying you have completed at least an undergraduate degree(s). Transcripts must also include Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for each course and overall program cumulative GPA (cGPA).If your cGPA is below 2.75 you will be required to complete a GPA explanation form. Contact [email protected] if you need this form. Additional official or unofficial transcripts and certification documentation can be sent in support of your application.
If your bachelor’s degree was conferred from an institution outside of the United States, you must have the transcript(s) evaluated by a foreign education credential evaluation service agency such as NACES®. If the transcripts are not in English, an official translation must also be submitted. The evaluation must be sent to PGS via email or mail and contain the following:
- Degree equivalency to a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university
- U.S. semester credit and grade equivalent for each course and cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
GRE and GMAT scores are not required for admissions, however, these scores can be submitted to enhance your application.
Interviews will be 30 minutes and are designed as a mutual conversation where you will have an opportunity to ask questions and focuses on three essential questions:
- How have you prepared to succeed in this program?
- How does this program fit your academic and career goals?
- What are the distinctive talents, skills, and expertise you bring to our community?
How to Submit Your Application Documents
All required documents should be uploaded directly into your only application, emailed to [email protected], or mailed to:
Presidio Graduate School Admissions
1202 Ralston Avenue, Suite 300
San Francisco, CA 94129
Additional Important Admissions Information
Diversity and Inclusion
Diverse opinions, backgrounds, and life experiences create a dynamic learning community and are what makes the classroom experience unique and personal. PGS is committed to increasing our community’s diversity of (but not limited to) race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, nation of origin, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Priority “early admit” applicants to whom we offer admittance will be invited to special events and gain access to the virtual student portal to begin building connections with their classmates and the larger Presidio Graduate School community. The earlier you submit your application, the sooner you will receive a decision.
Once a published deadline has passed, applications to all programs are accepted on a rolling basis through the start of the term. PGS strongly recommends that you complete the application process early. Late applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis depending on availability and when a program reaches capacity, admitted students will be wait-listed for the next available start term.
PGS offers financial assistance options to reduce and help fund the cost of attendance. Students may apply for scholarships or student loans. We recommend that students apply early. Scholarships are not guaranteed for final deadline applicants and are only granted if funds remain available. Newly admitted full-time students are given first priority for all scholarships over part-time students and returning students.
Retain Copies of All Documents
Keep copies of all materials submitted as part of the admissions application. Admissions materials and all supporting documents become the confidential property of the Presidio Graduate School admissions department and cannot be returned to the applicant.
Contact an Admission Counselor
Need help? Contact the Admissions Team at +1 415.655.8912 or email [email protected].