In other sections of your application, we learn about your academic and professional accomplishments. This essay allows us to discover what passion drives you as a leader towards career satisfaction and your definition of success. Please provide a response to the three following prompts and limit your essay to a total of 1,500 words:
- Values: Sustainability is a broad term that spans a variety of industries. In your specific area of interest, current or future, briefly describe an idea or project you would like to pursue while at PGS and/or how you intend to contribute to solutions to the biggest challenges facing our society.
- Teamwork: Describe a specific activity, business, or organization in which you were directly involved as a leader, collaborator, or activist. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve them, what did the experience reveal as strengths, and where did you discover opportunities for improvement?
- Time management: Commitment to a graduate program at PGS requires sacrifices, support, and self-motivation. Please share how you plan on balancing school, work, and personal commitments while enrolled in the program.
4 Tips for Writing an Authentic Essay for Your Graduate School Application
Writing an application essay for a graduate school program can feel a bit daunting, to say the least. We all want to make the best impression we can and also communicate our message of why…Continue Reading
Your professional resume or CV provides the admissions team with a clear picture of the experience and skills that contribute to your qualification to attend PGS. Include details on all work and volunteer experience.
Letters of recommendation (optional, but strongly recommended)
Professional and academic letters of support provide a well-rounded perspective of your ability to succeed at PGS. At least one of the two letters should be a professional reference, ideally written by a supervisor.
As part of the online application form, you will enter an email address for the supporters who will be completing a recommendation on your behalf. This action initiates an email to those individuals with a recommendation form. The recipients have the option of completing the form or uploading a letter of support into the form. The form and/or letter should address the following areas:
- How you act on your values and ethics
- Your ability to work in teams, lead initiatives, and manage projects
- Your communication skills
- Your business software and IT skills
- Your ability and willingness to succeed in graduate-level coursework
We require an official transcript sent directly from the accredited college/university that granted your degree(s) via mail or electronic download verifying you have completed at least an undergraduate degree(s). Transcripts must also include Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for each course and overall program cumulative GPA (cGPA).If your cGPA is below 2.75, or if your school did not provide a GPA, you will be required to provide a GPA explanation as part of your application. Additional official or unofficial transcripts and certification documentation can also be included in your application and/or sent to email@example.com in support of your application.
If your bachelor’s degree was conferred from an institution outside of the United States, you must have the transcript(s) evaluated by a foreign education credential evaluation service agency such as NACES®. If the transcripts are not in English, an official translation must also be submitted. The evaluation must be sent to PGS via email or mail and contain the following:
- Degree equivalency to a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university
- U.S. semester credit and grade equivalent for each course and cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
GRE and GMAT scores are not required for admissions, however, these scores can be submitted to enhance your application.
Interviews will last 30 minutes and are designed as a conversation in which you will have an opportunity to ask questions. Your interview will focus on three essential questions:
- How have you prepared to succeed in this program?
- How does this program fit your academic and career goals?
- What are the distinctive talents, skills, and expertise you bring to our community?
How to submit your application documents
All required documents should be uploaded directly into your only application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Presidio Graduate School Admissions
649 Mission Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105