How to Apply
Learn about the steps to becoming a Presidian. Review the application process for admission to Presidio Graduate School.
Set up your account & start your application
Create an account and log in to our online application portal. Changes will automatically save. You may return to the application form at any time to continue working on your application by logging into the portal.
Complete your application
The application for admission to Presidio includes the following sections:
- Profile and demographic information
- Academic background
- Letter of Recommendation
- Optional: GRE/GMAT score
Complete your admissions interview
Once you have completed your online application, you may be invited to schedule a time for your virtual 30-minute interview with the Admissions team.
Our team will reach out to you to schedule a 1:1 interview call if you are selected.
Spring 2024 Term Deadlines (classes begin January)
|Milestones||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Application Deadline||October 29||December 15|
Priority applicants (e.g. early admits) who gain admittance to Presidio will be invited to special events and gain access to the virtual student portal to begin building connections with their classmates and the larger Presidio Graduate School community. The earlier you submit your application, the sooner you will receive a decision.
Once the priority deadline has passed, applications to all programs are accepted on a rolling basis through the final deadline. We strongly recommend that you complete the application process early. Late applications are accepted on a case-by-case basis depending on availability and when a program reaches capacity, admitted students will be wait-listed for the next available start term.
Questions? Looking for help preparing your application? Don’t hesitate to reach out to friendly our Admissions Team!
Make your Application Stand Out
Not sure where to start? Looking for tips to help your application stand out? We’ve compiled some key insights and suggestions to help you build out an application that truly reflects your interests and strengths. For personalized help navigating the admissions process, our Admissions team also welcomes you to schedule a 1:1 coaching session.
In other sections of your application, we learn about your academic and professional accomplishments—but the essay allows us to discover what passion drives you as a leader towards career satisfaction and your definition of success. Please provide a response to all of the following prompts and limit your essay to a total of 1,500 words:
- Values: Sustainability is a broad term that spans a variety of industries. In your specific area of interest, current or future, briefly describe an idea or project you would like to pursue while at PGS and/or how you intend to contribute to solutions to the biggest challenges facing our society.
- Teamwork: Describe a specific activity, business, or organization in which you were directly involved as a leader, collaborator, or activist. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve them, what did the experience reveal as strengths, and where did you discover opportunities for improvement?
- Time management: Commitment to a graduate program at PGS requires sacrifices, support, and self-motivation. Please share how you plan on balancing school, work, and personal commitments while enrolled in the program.
Current Resume (CV)
Your professional resume or CV provides the admissions team with a clear picture of the experience and skills that contribute to your qualification to attend Presidio. We welcome you to include details on both work and volunteer experience.
Letters of Recommendation
We require only one letter of recommendation; however, you can submit up to two if you choose to. Professional and academic letters of support help to provide us with a window into what about your work ethic and personality make you uniquely prepared to succeed at Presidio. At least one of your two letters of recommendation should be a professional reference (ideally written by a supervisor).
Letters of recommendation should be initiated directly through our online application portal. As part of the online application form, you will be prompted to enter an email address for the individuals who will be completing a recommendation on your behalf. Once submitted, an email will be sent directly to those individuals sharing our recommendation link; recipients will have the option to upload a letter of support via the link.
We recommend that your references shed light on the following areas:
- How you act on your values and ethics
- Your ability to work in teams, lead initiatives, and manage projects
- Communication skills
- Relevant business software and IT skills
- Capacity and willingness to succeed in graduate-level coursework
We require an official transcript sent directly from the accredited college/university that granted your degree(s) via mail or electronic download verifying you have completed at least an undergraduate degree(s). Transcripts must also include Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale for each course and overall program cumulative GPA (cGPA). If your cGPA is below 2.75, or if your school did not provide a GPA, you will be required to provide a GPA explanation as part of your application.
Additional official or unofficial transcripts and certification documentation can also be included in your application and/or sent to email@example.com in support of your application.
If your bachelor’s degree was conferred from an institution outside of the United States, you must have the transcript(s) evaluated by a foreign education credential evaluation service agency such as NACES®. If the transcripts are not in English, an official translation must also be submitted. The evaluation must be sent to Presidio via email or mail and contain the following:
- Degree equivalency to a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university
- U.S. semester credit and grade equivalent for each course and cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
GRE and GMAT scores are not required for admissions to Presidio. However, if you feel that your scores serve to enhance your application, we welcome you to submit your results through the application portal.
Admission interviews will last approximately 30 minutes and are conducted in a conversational format during which you will be welcomed to ask questions.
The interview will focus on three essential prompts:
- How have you prepared to succeed in this program?
- How does this program fit your academic and career goals?
- What are the distinctive talents, skills, and expertise you bring to our community?
Submitting your application documents
Required application documents should be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Uploaded directly into your online application
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed directly to:
Presidio Graduate School Admissions
649 Mission Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94105
Retain copies of all documents
Admissions materials and all supporting documents become the confidential property of the Presidio Graduate School admissions department and cannot be returned to the applicant. We encourage you to keep copies of all materials submitted as part of your Presidio application.
4 Tips for Writing an Authentic Essay for Your Graduate School Application
Writing an application essay for a graduate school program can feel a bit daunting, to say the least. We all want to make the best impression we can and also communicate our message of why we believe we’re the right fit for the program and school. Graduate school essays serve as a bridge to our …