This Policy applies to Presidio Graduate School, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. When we refer to “Presidio Graduate School,” “PGS,” “we,” “our,” or “us” in this policy, we mean Presidio Graduate School. PGS owns a number of websites and related services, like our program application. In this policy, we refer to all of these as “Services.”
The intention of this policy is to help you understand:
- What information we collect about from our Services
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information
Information we collect when you use our Services
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This website collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information that may include your name, address, email address, billing and/or credit card information, etc. which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the services you have requested.
- Information automatically collected when visiting our website through your device, includes your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data.
- PGS may websites that our users may frequent to learn what types of services and products may be the most popular to customers or the general public.
PGS will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed applications, and emails. PGS uses personal information collected only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for on this Policy.
Why we collect information
We collect information for several reasons:
- To provide you with Services, process transactions, and provide customer support;
- To research and develop ways to make Our Services more useful and improve your experience using our Services
- To communicate with you about our Services, complete transactions, resolve technical issues, and answer questions
- To market and promote our Services send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so
- To protect Our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions
- For purposes not listed above with your consent and permission
How long we store the information we collect
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
How we use the information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. We do not sell information about you to advertisers or other third parties. Below are specific uses for the data we collect:
- PGS does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
- PGS may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to ensure delivery of the services you need and request keep and to you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you.
- PGS may also be in contact with you to complete surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered.
- PGS uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers, not the PGS Policy.
- PGS works with third-party service providers to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, virtual infrastructure, payment processing, analysis, and other services for us, which may require them to access or use information about you. If a service provider needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under instruction from us, including abiding by policies and procedures designed to protect your information.
- PGS maintains and reserves the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes such as security breaches, account issues, and/or changes in Presidio Graduate School products and services. In certain circumstances, we may use our website, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
Sharing information collected with third parties
Presidio Graduate School does not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered
- in other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined
- as required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service
- as necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of Presidio Graduate School.
Information collected from children under 16
Presidio Graduate School’s website is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of sixteen (16). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of sixteen (16), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information. Anyone under the age of sixteen (16) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
How to opt-out and control your information
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your Service account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding our Services.
Our Services give you the ability to access, update, and delete certain information about you from within our online application. For example, you can access your profile information from your account and you can update it from within your profile settings. We may retain certain information for record-keeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to affiliate and other websites that are not subject to this Policy. This Policy applies only and solely to the information collected by our website.
Notice to European Union users
Presidio Graduate School’s operations are located primarily in the United States (U.S.). If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (E.U.) and sent to the U.S. (The adequacy decision on the E.U.-U.S. Privacy became operational on August 1, 2016. This framework protects the fundamental rights of anyone in the E.U. whose personal data is transferred to the U.S. for commercial purposes. It allows the free transfer of data to companies that are certified in the U.S. under the Privacy Shield.) By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described in this Policy.
Your rights as a subject of information collection
Under the regulations of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) of the E.U., you have certain rights as a Data Subject. These rights are as follows:
- The right to be informed: this means we must inform you of how we intend to use your personal data and we do this through the terms of this Policy.
- The right of access: this means you have the right to request access to the data we hold about you and we must respond to those requests within one month. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected].
- The right to rectification: this means that if you believe some of the data, we hold is incorrect, you have the right to have it corrected. You can do this by logging into your account with us, or by sending us an email with your request.
- The right to erasure: this means you can request that the information we hold be deleted, and we will comply unless we have a compelling reason not to, in which case you will be informed of the same. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected].
- The right to restrict processing: this means you can change your communication preferences or opt-out of certain communications. You can do this by sending an email to [email protected].
- The right of data portability: this means you can obtain and use the data we hold for your own purposes without explanation. If you wish to request a copy of your information, contact us at [email protected].
- The right to object: this means you can file a formal objection with us regarding our use of your information with regard to third parties, or its processing where our legal basis is our legitimate interest in it. To do this, please send an email to [email protected].
In addition to the rights above, we encrypt and anonymize your personal information whenever possible. We also have protocols in place in the unlikely event that we suffer a data breach and we will contact you if your personal information is ever at risk.
How we secure your information
Presidio Graduate School takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
Acceptance of our terms of information collection
How to Contact Us
Email: [email protected]
Telephone Number: 415-655-8946
Presidio Graduate School
649 Mission Street, Suite 500
San Francisco, CA 94129
The data controller responsible for your personal information for the purposes of GDPR compliance is:
649 Mission Street Suite 500, San Francisco, CA, 94105