Welcome to 2023-2024 Residency Weekends
We look forward to hosting you on our new San Anselmo, CA campus! Residency weekends are a time of engaged learning, building friendships, and taking a break to focus on the impact you’d like to make on the world. We seek to balance a focused academic world with time for fun, reflection, and inspiration.
*Please remember you must have submitted proof of your vaccination and booster to attend residency in person. If you have not already done so, submit your proof of vaccination here.
2023-2024 Residency Dates:
- Res 1 – Sept 7 – 10
- Res 2 – Sept 28 – Oct 1
- Res 3 – Oct 19 – 22
- Res 4 – Nov 9 – 12
- Res 5 – Dec 7 – 10
- Res 1 – Jan 11 – 14
- Res 2 – Feb 1 – 4
- Res 3 – Feb 22 – 26
- Res 4 – March 21 – 25
- Res 5 – April 18 – 21
Residencies take place from Thursday morning to Sunday night, depending on your class schedule.
Thursday and Friday schedule:
- Breakfast at 9:00 a.m.
- Classes start at 10:00 a.m.
- One-hour lunch break
- Classes end at 6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday schedule:
- Breakfast at 8:15 a.m.
- Classes start at 9:00 a.m.
- 90-minute lunch break
- Classes end at 5:30 p.m.
Residency Schedule and Events
We have several events planned during residency to continue to strengthen our Presidio community. We hope you’ll join as many as you can! Stay tuned for the final details, but you can expect something close to the following:
- Each morning Thursday – Sunday, enjoy a light breakfast and coffee in the Student Lounge. Coffee will be refreshed mid-day.
- Grab a light snack in the Student Lounge on Thursday- Sunday afternoons.
- Attend Circle (a student-led gathering of the Presidio community to discuss a range of topics) Friday evening after classes in Scott 101.
- Enjoy a Presidio-provided casual dinner Friday evening in Holy Grounds. Have fun playing board games, or participate in an organized outdoor game on Bouick Field near the Playhouse (#8 on the map).
- Start your day with a yoga session each morning led by Presidio student-certified yoga instructors from the Mindful Movements Club.
- Saturday at, the lunch break, attend a BYO lunch-and-learn led by Drew Harrington about using Slack to enhance your Presidio experience. Faculty and new students are especially encouraged to attend.
- After class on Saturday at 5:30 p.m., come to Alexander Hall for Intermission. Beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, and light appetizers will be provided.
- Saturday evening, consider an evening out with fellow Presidians. We recommend checking the “Best of San Anselmo” section in this document for dining and social outing recommendations.
- Stay tuned for more events from clubs! There might be a hike or a wine-tasting event planned by our wonderful club leaders.
Presidio’s residency address is 105 Seminary Rd, San Anselmo, CA 94960.
You can learn more about the campus, take a virtual tour, and download a campus map here: https://www.redlands.edu/meet-redlands/regional-campus-locations/marin-campus/
Travel to Residency
Parking is free and available in front of Scott Hall, Montgomery Hall, and the street. Check your email before Residency for updates on parking restrictions on certain days.
Please consider carpooling if you are local in the Bay Area. We’ve created a spreadsheet to help facilitate carpool planning. If you can provide a ride or need a ride, please fill in one row for each ride you can offer / will need. We will work to connect people requesting rides with those who can offer them.
From SFO: Marin Airporter
If you’re flying in from SFO, a good option for transportation is the Marin Airporter. This bus runs every 30 minutes from SFO to the Larkspur stop from 4:30 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Tickets bought online are $28.00 one way. From the Larkspur stop, you can take a 4-mile rideshare to campus.
From OAK: Airport Express
If you’re flying in from OAK, a good option for transportation is the Airport Express. This wo hours from OAK to the San Rafael Third and Heathe every two hours to stop. Tickets are $37.00 one way. From the San Rafael stop, you can take a 3-mile rideshare to campus.
*There is an option to participate in Residency weekends virtually – read more below in the Hybrid Learning section.
Lodging and Meals
We’re so pleased that our new home provides opportunities for Presidians to stay on the beautiful University of Redlands Marin campus during residencies!
Learn more about Baird Hall and Trinity House, the buildings available for residency lodging.
Lodging will be first come, first served. You can enter your chosen roommate or request that we help you find a roommate.
The residency lodging pricing is as follows:
- Baird single occupancy room $100 per night – private room in the dorm building (shared bathrooms)
- Baird double occupancy room $50 per night – shared room with one roommate in the dorm building
- Trinity double or triple occupancy room $75 per night – room shared with one or two other people in a house that sleeps 21 total; bathrooms are private per room
Students will receive a link 21 days before each Residency to request lodging. Once you fill out the link and your accommodation request is confirmed, you will receive an invoice and can pay via credit card or check.
Continental breakfast is provided Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; snacks are provided daily, and at least one evening event is held each Residency with food and drinks. Further details are provided in the Student Digest newsletter, sent the Friday before Residency.
Presidio understands that sometimes life commitments get in the way of attending each Residency in person. We encourage students to travel in person as much as possible and provide an excellent opportunity for virtual learning to those who must travel virtually. All classrooms in San Anselmo have been updated with state-of-the-art cameras and sound equipment to facilitate effective online and in-person learning.
Please note that students participating in our Veterans Affairs program or those who reside outside our list of authorized states may be required to attend each Residency in person. For questions on your situation, please email email@example.com.