Human well-being must become the overarching goal of new technology and product development. Businesses can do well by doing good things for society and our environment.
Introducing Dr. Dariush Rafinejad’s new book:
SUSTAINABLE PRODUCT INNOVATION:
Entrepreneurship for Human Well-Being
Ross Publishing, August 2017
Dariush Rafinejad, Ph.D.
This important book, designed for academic courses, certifications, and professional training, makes a well-supported business case for sustainable product development, and why human well-being must become the overarching goal of new technology and product development.
It presents a holistic systems approach for achieving multi-stakeholder optimization in product lifecycle design in order to meet a firm’s objectives, investors’ return-on-investment expectations, and regulatory requirements while protecting the environment and rapidly depleting natural resources needed to sustain and enhance human well-being. It also provides entrepreneurs and executives the guidance and decision-making tools needed for achieving superior commercial success.
- Discusses how the prevalent activities in product lifecycle are root causes of many global sustainability challenges we face in the 21st century, and how sustainable products are critical to ecological systems and creating a circular economy that will sustain and enhance human well-being
- Explains how sustainable product development works, and how to organize and lead the process of integrating sustainability effectively across a product lifecycle from conception to end-of-life disposal
- Describes various sustainability frameworks in industrial ecology, life cycle assessment (LCA) techniques, and design for sustainability
- Examines sustainability indicators in design, manufacturing, operations, and supply chain management and discusses systems thinking and life-cycle optimization methodologies in product development and manufacturing
- Presents best practices and modeling techniques for integrating environmental and societal impacts into traditional product design processes
- WAV offers downloadable templates, case studies, questions and exercises, and instructor only materials–available from the Web Added Value™ Download Resource Center at www.jrosspub.com