At Presidio, we believe that expertise and passion are the key ingredients to building a successful career. We work to integrate career development into your overall learning experience throughout our degree programs, so that as you further develop your leadership acumen, you also work to clarify what particular challenges you are uniquely equipped to impact in the public sector.
Whether you’re charting a new course or following an existing career path, our Office of Career Services is ready to help you find and pursue fulfilling career opportunities that align with your values and priorities. We offer students a wide range of career services to help you conduct a robust job search and achieve your career objectives and aspirations, including:
Career Building Resources
- Individual career coaching
- Industry-specific Internship and job postings
- Workshops, presentations, and information sessions exploring workforce trends and key skills like networking and job offer negotiations
- Resume review, cover letter preparation, and mock interview practice
- Curated online Networking events and opportunities with alumni and employers
- Connections to industry conferences, case competitions, and professional associations
- Online Career Services resource center
Mentors in Residence program
- Mentors spend a year in residence at Presidio to provide students with professional guidance, career advice, and industry connections
- Deep personal connections with sustainability leaders from among the world’s leading organizations
- Mentors represent a variety of disciplines and interests
One of the most powerful aspects of a Presidio education is undoubtedly our network. When you become a student, you gain access to a community of dedicated, creative professionals working across government and public organizations to construct more resilient and sustainable systems.
In the spirit of our mission to educate changemakers to build a more flourishing future, we are eager to offer networking opportunities and support to our students, faculty, staff, board members, and organizational partners. We help draw these professional connections through showcases, conferences, community events, and direct introductions to relevant professionals and organizations in line with student career goals.
The Presidio MPA Degree
Create a career designing and managing policies and programs that address the critical social and structural challenges of our time, with a focus on climate change, racial injustice, growing inequality, technological change and cybersecurity,
and unforeseen threats such as pandemics.
In the Presidio MPA program, you will learn to develop and translate your mission into effective solutions through small class sizes with extraordinary faculty, deep case study and experiential learning, one-on-one coaching, and community engagement, allowing you to build professional skills while in the program. Explore the roles that could be in your future.
Source: 2022 Presidio Graduate School Alumni Survey
Chief Sustainability Officer